There’s a fun little game going around on Facebook called “15 Songs.” At least among my friends there it starting to make the rounds. It’s very simple. You just set your MP3 player to shuffle and see which songs take the first 15 slots of your playlist. Here’s what my work PC came up with this morning.
1. Frosty the Snowman — Beach Boys. Oh Lord. How did that get on here?
2. Jeremiah Surrender — The Black Crowes. This one must be a b-side or demo.
3. The Song Remains the Same — Led Zeppelin
4. I’m Waiting For the Day — Brian Wilson, from Pet Sounds Live
5. Moonshine — Dennis Wilson, from Pacific Ocean Blue
6. I Can’t Get Next to You — Mongo Santamaria, from the What It Is funk/groove collection
7. I’m So Tired — Beatles studio rehearsal bit sung by Paul McCartney, not John Lennon. Rare bootleg.
8. Imagine — John Lennon
9. Video — Ben Folds Five
10. You Could Have it So Much Better — Franz Ferdinand, from Franz Ferdinand
11. Soul Stew — Moby Grape, from Moby Grape ’69
12. I Paid My Money — Fear of Pop (Ben Folds’ late 90’s solo side project)
13. Spanish Castle Magic — Jimi Hendrix, from Axis Bold as Love
14. Mull of Kintyre — Paul McCartney
15. Secret Friend — Paul McCartney, from McCartney II